Here are 10 things you can do to prevent COVID-19:
1. Clean your hands regularly – wash with soap and water, or clean with alcohol-based hand rub
2. Clean surfaces regularly with disinfectant – for example kitchen benches and work desks;
3. Educate yourself about COVID-19. Make sure your information comes from reliable sources; (see suggested links below)
4. Avoid traveling if you have a fever or cough, and if you become sick while on a flight, inform the crew immediately. Once you get to your destination, make contact with a health professional and tell them about where you have been;
5. Cough or sneeze into your sleeve. If using a tissue, dispose of the tissue immediately into a closed rubbish bin, and then clean your hands;
6. Take extra precautions to avoid crowded areas if you are over 60 years old, or if you have an underlying condition;
7. If you feel unwell, stay at home and call your doctor or local health professional;
8. If you are sick, stay at home, and eat and sleep separately from your family, use different utensils and cutlery to eat;If you develop shortness of breath, call your doctor and seek care immediately;
9. It’s normal and understandable to feel anxious, especially if you live in a country that has been affected. Find out what you can do in your community. Discuss how to stay safe in your workplace, school or place of worship.
We make sure our workplaces are clean and hygienic
Surfaces and objects are wiped with disinfectant regularly
We promote regular and thorough hand-washing by employees, contractors and customers
We put sanitizing hand rub dispensers in prominent places around the workplace and make sure these dispensers are regularly refilled.
We make sure that staff, contractors and customers have access to places where they can wash their hands with soap and water
We promote good respiratory hygiene in our workplaces, kitchen and public spaces
We combine this with other communication measures such as offering guidance from occupational health and safety officers, briefings at meetings and information to promote hand-washing
We have briefed our employees, contractors and customers that if COVID-19 starts spreading in our community anyone with even a mild cough or low-grade fever (37.3 C or more) needs to stay at home.
Our emplyees should also stay home (or work from home) if they have had to take simple medications, such as paracetamol/acetaminophen, ibuprofen or aspirin, which may mask symptoms of infection
We keep communicating and promoting the message that people need to stay at home even if they have just mild symptoms of COVID-19.